- Researched, analyzed and wrote market feasibility reports and economic evaluations that were successful in their submission to the Alberta Securities Commission as part of several clients’ Initial Public Offerings on the Alberta Stock Exchange and the Venture Exchange.
- Conducted large-scale quantitative research projects based in customer satisfaction measurement and total quality implementation, including design, coordination, statistical analysis, and report generation. Selected clients include: Calgary Airport Authority, City of Calgary, Brookfield, Medicine Hat Police Department, SAIT, TransCanada Pipelines and Corus Entertainment.
- Completed many senior level economic analytic studies. Selected examples include studying the “Canada Benefits” of CIDA investments for the PetroCanada International Assistance Corporation; studying the economic value to the economy through the measurement of wealth creation by increasing the capacity of facilities at post-secondary educational institutions; studying the economic impact of transmission lines through various routes in Alberta; studying the economic feasibility to placing run-of-river dams on major rivers of the NorthWest Territories and then exporting the resulting electricity unto the north American electrical grid; determining the operational and economic feasibility of a major realignment of transportation and shipping routes for commodity based products in Western Canada; and determining the long term economic impact of stay-in-school programs run in smaller centres throughout Alberta.
- Completed senior level economic analytic studies for other clients , including Sultran, Shell Oil, TELUS, United Farmers of Alberta (UFA), Calgary Economic Development, Junior Achievement of Southern Alberta and the Canadian HIV Vaccine Initiative.
- Written business plans & strategic plans for over 100 companies. These plans and analysis helped those companies achieve their objectives through the realistic projection of market share, and the required marketing and product development investment and through maintaining a strong financial structure. Selected clients include: The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police, Western Oilfield Environmental Services, Delta Environmental Management, The Calgary CFA Society, and The Calgary Stampeders Football Club.
- Performed numerous economic analytical projects for clients with very specific requirements, such as financial presentations to banks, financial analyses for board presentations, financial projections for business plans, economic analyses of major asset purchases, and economic analyses of new and potential ventures. Selected clients include: The University of Calgary Graduate Student Association, Magnetic Pain Solutions, The Mannix Foundation, Projex, Kasian Architecture, Raymac Surveys, Trophy Hunters, Ethnicity Catering, Trico Homes, and Strix Development Inc.
- Designed and implemented training courses for professional development organizations that concentrated on effective business planning, economic analysis, forecasting and strategic management.
- Conducted governance reviews for many board led organizations. Selected clients include: Corus Entertainment, The Lindsay Park Sport Society, Tourism Calgary, Calgary Certified Accountants, The Genesis Centre, Vertigo Theatre, The Calgary Winter Club, and SeaSpan.
Alec’s passion for an analytical approach toward problem solving has earned him a 20-year reputation for quality and service in economic valuations, project planning and implementation, analytical studies, business plans, satisfaction surveys and market assessment studies. Alec’s dedication to clients enables him to deliver practical and effective recommendations within clients’ means, which guarantees effective and efficient implementation and measurable results.
In addition to his professional success, Alec is also an active volunteer on many not-for-profit and association boards. With a background in sports, Alec has experienced success both as a team member and coach of sporting teams.